Bulgur Pilaf with Tomatoes (Domatesli Bulgur Pilavı)

I would like to start with a confession. I used to hate bulgur pilaf with tomatoes when I was young. Everytime my mom cooked this dish, I could not believe how people could eat it and be pleased. Many of us have foods that we hated when we were kids. Good thing I realized what I was missing out all that time. Now, I find bulgur pilaf with tomatoes as one of my favorite pilaf dishes.

1 ½ cups bulgur (medium grind)
5 small ripe tomatoes (diced)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
2 cups chicken broth or water

Sautee the diced tomatoes in the heated olive oil for 5 minutes. Add the bulgur and sautee for 2 more minutes. Add the salt and broth and cook covered until the broth starts to boil. Once the broth starts to boil, bring the heat to low and cook until all the water is absorbed. Mix before serving.

Labels: