Hawaiian Orange Nairagi Fish

Okay, certainly this fish is not used in Turkish cuisine, but I really liked it when I saw the way it looked with its orange flesh. So I decided to purchase it. This fish reminds me of Tuna fish, so you may cook it anyway you cook tuna. However, I decided to take a different method in cooking this fish.



2 filets of Hawaiian Orange Nairagi
1 tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup white wine
½ tsp coarse sea salt
½ tsp celery seed
½ tsp ground black pepper
¼ tsp cayenne pepper

Turn oven to medium heat. In a small pan heat the olive oil. Rub the filets of fish with coarse salt, black pepper, celery seeds and cayenne on both sides. Place the fillets in the pan with the hot oil. Cook on both sides for 2-3 minutes and add the wine once it starts sizzling. Take the pan and place under broiler for five minutes. The filets will take a light brownish color. Most people like this fish rare, however I like my fish cooked well. You may cook it less if you prefer. Enjoy.

Labels: ,