Fried Chicken Wings (Tavuk Kanat Kızartması)

As we all know, fried foods are always delicious, but not very healthy as fried foods contain excessive oil. As a substitute, I have turned to broiling foods that are conventionally fried. I seldom fry anything as I try to minimize the oil intake into our bodies. In fact, for the longest time, I turned away from frying completely as I was probably influenced by my uncle who to my knowledge has never ever fried anything.

In the past couple years, I realized that I was longing for some of the traditional foods that I grew up with (such as İçli Köfte and Fried Potatoes) that taste best when fried. Now, once in a blue moon, I do fry either potatoes or chicken and of course İçli Köfte.

One day, I felt like having some comfort food and decided to allow us to eat something unhealthy (chicken wings)! The oil I used is incomparable to what most restaurants use. In my house, canola or olive oil is used for frying and for regular cooking only olive oil is used. The chicken wings used in this recipe are organic as I purchase organic poultry and meat. What I am trying to get to is that, these chicken wings are much healthier home made than buying them at a restaurant.

With a simple Mediterranean twist on the chicken wings, they had a great taste.


16 chicken wings
2 eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup olive oil
3 tbsp parsley (chopped)
1 tsp red pepper flakes for garnishing
2 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp salt (adjust to your taste)


Heat the olive oil in a large pan.

In a medium sized bowl, place the eggs, paprika, black pepper and 2 tbsp of the chopped parsley. Mix vigorously until all ingredients are mixed together.

In a large plate or Pyrex dish spread the flour.

Salt the chicken wings. Dip them in the egg mixture, then immediately in the flour. Fry until golden brown. Garnish with the rest of the parsley and red pepper flakes and serve hot.



Add to Technorati Favorites

Labels: