Turkish Zucchini Fritters (Kabak Mücveri)





I have made mücver throughout the summer without following a recipe and each time making differently. This version, by far has been the tastiest one. Most of the time, I do not add white cheese and I think I will never make them again without it. The cheese adds such a wonderful flavor. I was already full when I made these, but I couldn’t resist so I ate two while making them. These are also great for little children who usually would not eat zucchinis. Enjoy!


3 zucchinis
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic (optional)
½ cup chopped fresh parsley
½ cup crumbled Turkish white cheese (or feta)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried mint
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp cumin
2 eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup olive oil

Peel the zucchinis in stripes and grate them along with the onion. Squeeze all the juice out from the zucchinis and the onion. Add the rest of the ingredients except the olive oil. Mix well.




Heat about ¼ cup of oil and place spoonful of the zucchini mixture. 




Cook several minutes on each side until both sides are golden brown. 




Remove and add another ¼ cup of olive oil for the next batch. Repeat this until all the olive oil and the zucchini mixture is used up.

Serve with yogurt garlic sauce (crushed garlic mixed with yogurt) at room temperature.

Labels: , , , ,